Sperry duck boots were born for adventure, so they’re going to get dirty, grimy, and scuffed up. But have no fear. Cleaning your duck boots is easy. Thanks to its waterproof nature, rubber is hands-down one of the easiest materials to clean.
How to clean your rubber duck boot shells:
- Soak a sponge in warm, soapy water.
- Apply to the rubber shell (foot) of your duck boots, being careful not to get the leather or fabric portion (shaft) wet.
- Rinse the sponge with clean water and use it to rinse off soap from boots.
How to clean the leather portion of your duck boots:
- Remove boot laces.
- Use Sperry Cleaner & Conditioner* to clean the smooth leather portion of your duck boots.
- Then, use a clean, dry rag to wipe away excess moisture and dirt.
- Occasionally, apply the Sperry Leather Lotion* to prevent the smooth leather on your boots from drying, cracking, and getting scuffed up.
*Use Sperry Cleaner & Conditioner and Sperry Leather Lotion on smooth leather only; it’s not suitable for suede, nubuck, or fabrics.
A few more tips about duck boots
- Regularly use Sperry Rain & Stain Shoe Care or another waterproofing spray on the leather or fabric portion of your duck boots.
- To deodorize and freshen the inside of your rubber duck boots, use the Sperry Shoe Refresher.
Even though you take good care of your duck boots, you may want a new pair or a different type of boot. Sperry has a great selection of boots for nearly every kind of weather.
Want to find out more about Sperry shoes and boots?
Here’s the complete collection of informative and inspiring Sperry blogs.
Shopping for shoes or other members of your family?
Find the complete Sperry collection for men, women, and kids.
There are no comments on this post
Be the first to leave a comment!