2020 Sperry x FUNBOY Therapy by the Sea Collective Instagram Contest– Official Rules
- Description. 2020 Sperry x FUNBOY Therapy by the Sea Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 am EDT on July 24, 2020, and ends July 26, 2020 at 11:59 EDT (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants (if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors (as defined in Section 10), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 13 years or older at the time of entry “Entrant” and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
- How to Enter. To enter, you must, during the Contest period: (a) have an Instagram account, (b) like the designated Contest Instagram post, (c) follow the @sperry and @funboy accounts on Instagram, and (d) tag three (3) other Instagram accounts in the comments of the Contest Instagram post. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Incomplete entries and those containing invalid e-mail addresses will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. Any attempt to enter using multiple/different email addresses, social media account names, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of an entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsors a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, and otherwise use your Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsors and its goods or services. You further agree that Sponsors may use your name, likeness, and written entry all without further consent from or payment to you.
- Representations and Warranties. By participating in the Contest, you warrant and represent that: (a) the Entry is your original work, and you are the sole and exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the Entry; (b) use of the Entry as described in these Official Rules will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances; (c) the Entry is not obscene or libelous, and does not contain anything false, defamatory or derogatory; (d) the Entry does not contain any virus, spyware, malware, trap door, worm, or any other device, mechanism or code that is injurious or damaging to software or hardware used in conjunction with the Contest; and (e) you have the right to grant the license in Section 3 above. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified and removed from the Contest.
- Winner Selection. Following the Contest Period, Sponsors will conduct a random drawing to select two (2) Grand Prize Winners from among all qualified Entries received during the Contest Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible Entries received. Prize winners will be notified through Instagram direct message and/or email, and may be required to complete and return an eligibility affidavit and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after Sponsors’ first attempt, does not meet the eligibility criteria, does not fully comply with these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
If a prize winner is considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must accept the prize, execute any required documents, and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Under no circumstances will a prize be awarded as the result of an entry by an individual under 13 years of age.
- Prizes. Two (2) Grand Prizes: consisting of a (a) $100 Sperry gift card for Sperry.com and (b) a $100 credit redeemable at www.funboy.com. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is US$200. Additional terms and conditions may apply to any gift cards, promotional codes, or similar prizes awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, and may not be substituted for cash. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason.
- General Conditions. All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Grand Prize winner and his or her guests will be required to execute a liability and/or publicity release before being admitted to the party. Neither Sponsors nor Instagram/Facebook/Twitter are responsible or liable for, and entrants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) completely release and hold Sponsors, Instagram, and Twitter harmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost Entry Forms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but not limited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsors in their sole discretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Release. By receipt of any prize, winner (or, if a minor in his/her place of residence, the winner’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) agrees that Sponsors, Instagram/Facebook/Twitter, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s participation in the Contest.
- Winners List. Names of prize winners may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2020 to Sponsors to the attention of “Therapy by the Sea Collective Instagram Contest.”
- Sponsors/Administrators. The Sponsors and Administrators of this Contest is Sperry, a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive NE, Rockford, Michigan 49351 (“Sperry”) and FUNBOY Sales, LLC, 11222 Stonebridge Road
Roanoke, IN 46783 (“Sponsors”). This Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram/Facebook/Twitter.